Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Even More Avatar

Jeez, don't I have an imagination? Can't I draw something other than the show I'm working on? Couldn't I try not sucking for once? The anwer to all these questions is NO.

Azula, the girl in the middle, is supposed to have flames on the tips of her fingers. But it seems I forgot to draw it in before I scanned it and I'm too lazy to scan it again. So let's pretend, shall we?

Mai, the girl at the top, is supposed to be flinging some sort of throwing knife. But since I haven't quite perfected the art of drawing the spinning batarang type object, and I'm obviously too lazy to look up reference, it didn't make it into the final. Yet. Just be happy I managed to remember Azula's fire this time.

16 comments:

tobbe said...

Cool. I think I like the top one best, nice flow in the clothes.

Skylark- said...

Wunnerful pitchers - I dig your facial expressions - Ty Lee's sweet smile - Azula's devilish smile, like she's got some dire mischievous hidden agenda going on, and Mai, seeeeeerious, she takes life so seriously...

Lauren Montgomery you're the one - you make blog time so much fun! (Sung to the tune of Rubber Ducky)

Todd Oman said...

You have really got those characters down, very nice stuff.

Anonymous said...

I love the drawings, even though i hate those three ^ ^
Could you draw Jet next?

Anonymous said...

That action shot is mondo cool - it's like there's a party happening on my computer screen.

Ralph

Brian Growe said...

Very cool Avatar stuff, Lauren!

Skylark- said...

ps - Hey what about that freelance job you mentioned? Sounds cool. Enquiring minds want to know more... Ciao

Norm (Baron) Ryang said...

hopefully it was me that influenced you to start putting madness back up on this thing...sweetness! stop by next time you're around.

potato farm girl said...

Oooo very action-eee!

Alan said...

Nice fluid motion in your drawings. You're my hero!

Andres P. said...

Hey, you are awesome! just got here via Canete`s blog.

I`ll be checking in the future and I invite all you to my blog!

A!

CHRIS GEORGE said...

Nice Avatar stuff. Your drawings have a lot of energy to them.

reverse_vampyr said...

Awesome work! My daughter got me hooked on Avatar, and I enjoy the way you draw the characters. Lots of energy!

reverse_vampyr said...

Oh geez, now I read the other comments and saw I said the same thing as Chris George. I suck.

Danny said...

Heeeey! What exactly do you do on avatar? Are you drawing key frames, or tweening, or working on character designs? I'm trying to get an idea of what sort of roles are available in traditional animation over there these days :)

Thanks for any help!

Lauren said...

I storyboard on Avatar. We also have character design, background design, prop design, and background paint at the studio. All animation is done overseas in Korea.