Thursday, October 05, 2006

Suzuka

So I decided to draw Suzuka from the Outlaw Star anime. I really liked this character a lot, don't ask me why. She was just kinda bad ass without the usual obnoxiousness that anime will often times add to their bad ass women. But anyway, I drew her and I thought it was good and I thought I was soooo cool . Then work was over and I went home. Then I came back in the morning and took another look at it .... and I hated it. Story of my life. So I tried again.


I like this one better. Not as many unneccesary wrinkles in clothing or strands of hair. Just simpler. More animation friendly. I like it that way.

6 comments:

Elaine R said...

I like things more animation friendly too!!! (that's why i like that bloo guy with two circle eyes most to animate! how about you simplify her down to that point?)
this is pretty. but its probably because you used my magic black prismacolor markers. :p nice work!

Lauren said...

You're totally right. If I hadn't used your black marker, the whole thing would have turned out like crap. What would I do without your black marker?

Skylark- said...

Good golly Miss Lauren, that's a cool piece. Tasteful, thoughtful conception, subtlety... You give suck a good name... Mah momma is totally down with this blog is what I'm saying, yo...

aaaokay said...

Yeah, no time to color huh? Hmmm... that's one truely "magic" marker. Can I borrow it next? I got some boards I need to finish. Kool drawing bye the way.

potato farm girl said...

Super Good! The pose, bow, and the kick ass expression. I liked Outlaw Star, but I only go to see a couple of episodes. The puppy below is cute, so cute!

KAHNEHTEH said...

This has got to be one of the BEST things I've ever seen you do - colors are well done and the pose, like you said, is way better than your first attempt. Great, great job.