Saturday, October 21, 2006

Huntress

I crapped this out at work the other day. Then I inked her in my very non committal "not sure if I really want to shade her completely" sort of way. Hence her side is in shadow, but for some reason the arm tucked behind that side is completely lit. I messed up. Are we really surprised? But look! No Post-its! When I win one on the pencil side, I lose one on the ink side.
So, usually I just draw something, place whatever item in whatever hand it works best in for the drawing, and hope for the best. And for a second there I was proud of myself for making her right handed without even intending to. Then I remembered I always made her left handed in JLU. Then I wasn't happy anymore. But it doesn't really matter, because everyone else made her right handed anyway. It was just my little unnecessary addition. I guess that's a neat little piece of trivia. You know Lauren boarded that section IF: #1 It sucks. #2 Huntress is left handed.

10 comments:

Dean Trippe said...

excellent drawing!

Todd Oman said...

Pencils, inks, it all looks great.

flipstudios said...

i agree with todd. there's nothin wrong here. i'm really liking your designs. cheers

Skylark- said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Brian Growe said...

Doesn't suck!

Elaine R said...

You know Lauren boarded that section IF: #1 Its really really good. #2 Huntress is left handed. #3 if your tv starts smelling like popcorn and cheese...

Lauren said...

How DARE you. I know where you sleep. Because it smells like spicy pepperoni and Italian sausage.

Skylark- said...

(D'oh! I just realized that I misspelt your last name in my first post. Sorry bout dat.)

Awesome drawing - Her hips are hip-tacular. I'm thinking if Alex Toth and Lara Croft had a love-child, she'd probably draw like Lauren Montgomery...

Ziomal said...

Very nice! I like it. treo 700w smartphone

NICO Mengual said...

I love your females!
good work! =)