Thursday, August 03, 2006

ZOMBIE SHOES!


At the SDCC this year, a man named "Snake Bite" was asking artists to customize shoes so he could take them to Japan and sell them for a whole lotta money. I decided to decorate my shoes with zombies because, let's face it, who doesn't love zombies? Well, a lot of people. My sisters would be at the top of that list. But I like em just fine.
You might be able to tell that the first image is the first shoe I did cuz it is the most f'd up. Up close it looks okay, but from far away it's nothing but a jumble of black and white. But I learned my lesson and did a little better job on the second-the one with maggoty face guy. And the third image is the insides of the shoes. Since I'm quite lazy and really didn't want to draw two more waves of zombies, I cheated and did some really easy blood splatters. Hell, they're never gonna see the insides anyway.
You might notice that his helmet is a direct rip off of the Akira character from Capcom's Rival Schools. Did I say rip off? Because I meant homage. Mostly because I'm not original enough to come up with my own helmet design. And Elaine's only suggestion was, "put a butterfly on it." Thanks for nothing Elaine! And, yes, I know I f'd up the visor.
I like this angle. Not because you can see my initials (I'm not that big headed) but because off to the right you can see a little better detail of my "pimp hat" guy. I like him the most. Even better than "rip off helmet" guy.
And these are the tongues. If you look closely, you can probably tell which one I did first. It's the nicer one. It turned out okay, so I figure I should be able to do it again. So I let my guard down, and VIOLA! I screw it up the second time. The laces should cover it. I hope...

12 comments:

Jon Tsuei said...

damn i want a pair of LEM kicks, that would be sweet.

Lauren said...

Kicks I can give you. Shoes, on the other hand, are gonna cost ya.

Jon Tsuei said...

Damn, I'm broke. I hope you don't wear steel toed shoes.

Kevin Dalton said...

oooo, fresh kicks

should go all out and color em. i'd buy those! but what happens when u wear them in the rain?

potato farm girl said...

Man, those are so cool! Blood and zombies, what girl wouldn't wear those.

aaaokay said...

Zombies!!! I want to get the for my daughters! (ages 2 and 6 months) Yery cool shoes. Great sketches too.

tobbe said...

Very nice illustrations. Love the black and white on the shoes.

You are very talented so post more drawings if you have some, I like your style.

warren said...

I remember when I was in high school, I thought I was gonna be a tattoo artist. Then at a party this guy was all like, "Lemme practice on you! Then you can practice on me!"

He had one of those freaky home-made jobs that was all mechanical pencil and guitar strings. So I made him do up my shoe instead.

Your shoes are waaaaay better. And please don't kick me. Not the face.

Arsenic said...

those are so awesome ^ ^ i would totally buy them if my wallet wasn't so empty

Anonymous said...

OMFG.

How much? Seriously. I will buy these in a heartbeat.

puertas metalicas said...

I absolutely match with your post.

Anonymous said...

Really cool but.. Akira is a girl, and here look like a man, concretly look like Solid Snake whit Akira's helmet from Rival Schools. :P